Read the National Healthcare Decisions Day Case Statement
to learn about what issues exist and what we can all do to make a difference.
National Healthcare Decisions Day is an initiative to encourage patients to express their wishes regarding healthcare and for providers and facilities to respect those wishes, whatever they may be.
The National Healthcare Decisions Day website lists participants in the effort to achieve a National Healthcare Decisions Day. The site may also include links to the participants' sites as well as other sites. Any group participating in the National Healthcare Decisions Day effort does not endorse or necessarily support the policies or positions of any other group participating in the same effort. Those participating in the National Healthcare Decisions Day effort take no responsibility for the content or information contained on a linked site and do not exert any editorial or other control over such website.
The National Healthcare Decisions Day website provides information on the Internet as a public benefit. The information on this site is provided solely for educational or general illustration purposes and does not create a business or professional services relationship. While all reasonable attempts are made to post only accurate information, neither the National Healthcare Decisions Day nor its information contributors make any express or implied representations or warranties about the accuracy or the suitability of this information. It is provided with the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services.
Nathan Kottkamp, Chair - McGuireWoods LLP
One James Center, 901 East Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23219-4030
Ph: 804.775.1092 ◊ Fax: 804.698.2072
NHDD committee members would like to thank the following organizations for their generous donations.
Supporters-donations up to $999
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Ascension Health
- Bon Secours Health System
- DEBORAH Heart and Lung Center
- Eagle River Area Palliative Care Coalition
- Elizabeth B. Vinson, PLC
- Exempla Lutheran Medical Center
- Foundation for End of Life Care
- Friends of Hospice, Inc.
- Good Samaritan Hospice
- Goodwin House Incorporated
- Harrison Medical Center
- Haven Hospice of North Central Florida
- Heartland Regional Medical Center
- Hospice of Northwest Ohio
- Hospice of Reno County
- Hospice of the Calumet Area, Inc
- Hospice of the Western Reserve
- Howard Young Foundation
- Idaho State Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Illinois Hospital Association
- JGS Administrative Services, Inc.
- Kansas Health Ethics
- Kidney End of Life Coalition
- Lakeland Regional Medical Center
- Law Offices of Cheryl K. David
- LifeCare Planning, Inc
- LivHOME, Inc.
- Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys-CT Chapter
- New York Citizens' Committee on Healthcare Decisions
- North Star Hospice
- Oregon Health Decisions
- Palliative Care Institute of Southeast Louisiana
- Palliative Care Partnership of the Poanoke Valley
- Providence Medical Center and Saint John Hospital
- SAGE - Service and Advocacy for GLBT Elders
- Social Work in Progress
- St. Francis Hospital and Health Services
- St. Rita's Medical Center
- The Hospice of the Wood River Valley
- The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Trinity Health
- Van Note Law Offices, P.C.
- Washington State Health Care Authority
- Wichita Clinic
Friends-donations from $1,000 to $4,999
American Health Lawyers Association
National Association of Social Workers
American Bar Association
American Hospital Association
National Medical Association
American Nurses Credentialing Center
Association of American Medical Collage
Benefactors-donations from $5,000 to $9,999
Champions-donations above $10,000
For more information on how your organization can support NHDD efforts, please email email@example.com
. Thank you.